View Single Post
Old 11-12-2015, 05:11 PM
Joe

Default ANRI College Mascots - Ebay

Not sure if we have many collectors of Carter Hoffman and ANRI wood hand carved college mascot figures, but a huge trove of these Anri hit ebay starting around Oct. 30th, at great prices. About 300 listings from a dozen different sellers in New England, all in Mass., N.H., and Maine.

They all were/are NOS coming with original 1950s boxes, and labeling, including the tissue paper packaging and the original paper labels on the feet - all in pristine condition. Supposedly they all came from old unopened stock discovered in a store. Since most of the sellers are from Mass., I assume the discovery occurred somewhere in MA.

Does anyone know of, or heard of, the back story of this find? I picked up ten of the 5" figures for about $30 a pop, which I found to be a great price, - considering prior to 12 days ago I would never see these come available on ebay, and the only place I would see them offered is at ITPC. At first I only bought one as gift for my daughter who will be attending one of the schools, but when I got it I was amazed at the craftsmanship, and bought several more.

Curious if anyone is aware of the discovery in MA or where these all suddenly came from. I find them really cool with exceptional detail, for mass produced hand carvings. It's interesting to think these were all sitting in storage for 65 years, undisturbed, never having seen the light of day, until now.

IMG_0239.jpg

IMG_0237.jpg

IMG_0238.jpg

IMG_0200.jpg