View Single Post
Old 01-20-2014, 02:03 AM

Seriously thinking about starting a team set of the Orioles (Fav team)
I imagine the best way to tackle it would be just like complete sets, acquire a lot of the teams cards like for instance 80% of the cards from some of the years at first - and this would be more fun then buying the whole team set at once.

Another thing to consider is the for the O's, at least in 1954 and 1955 for example, it wouldn't be too bad buying them card by card (not too many high priced cards there, if they are mid-grade or lower)

I too agree with what was said here, I am getting kind of burned out trying to go for the complete sets of 4 or 500 cards, and it is not exciting acquiring the commons to me. This is something I am going to try.

So question for the OP and others, is a good way to tackle this is buying a "lot" of cards (80%) from a certain year? or buying a compete team set, also since collecting a team is more what you like, are you concerned with condition?

I do have some of the high priced cards out of the way (I have a lot of Brooks already, so this would be interesting. Also, I am going to about 1979, because after 1980, I have the complete sets anyway.