Thread: Bryce Harper
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2016, 10:19 PM
Val Kehl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankphenom View Post
How about just running out your plays, Bryce? That would make me more excited about you. Oh, and baseball is doing better than ever, by the way. If you're bored, please go do something else, it doesn't need you. Really.
Hank, I agree with you 100%. I have watched 95+% of the Washington Nationals games since the Expos relocated to DC, and I have noticed that Harper consistently half-heartedly jogs toward 1st base whenever he hits a popup or a ground ball that has no chance of being a base hit. Harper is not "Charley Hustle," except when he smells a base hit and/or extra bases.

Yes, Harper is tremendously talented. But, I'll take Trout over Harper every day. The Nats are my beloved home team, but quite frankly, the only time I root for Harper to do well is when the team is in desperate need for his production. It is said that there is no "i" in "team," but I suspect Harper thinks there is!

I'm not opposed to a bit more celebration and emotion being shown by MLB players, so long as it doesn't directly show up the opposition and doesn't begin to approach the level we see with the NBA and NFL.

Mostly, I'd like to see the game speeded up a bit more. I wonder how much total game time is consumed by batters adjusting their batting gloves, seemingly after every pitch - a simple solution to this would be to outlaw batting gloves.
Val