View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 05:51 PM
Eric Perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
As a side note - the ebay messages were going to his spam folder. He had others besides mine.
Scott,

Wait...maybe I am reading this incorrectly.

Someone who makes or supplements an income through eBay has messages from eBay landing in his spam folder.

Unless I am mistaken, that is one extremely sloppy seller right there...provided that they are being truthful about the spam folder bit.

I agree with you being a bit frustrated here, and with those who think 9 hours is a reasonable time frame for asking questions. Any time I have auctioned something on eBay, I made it a point to check into the listing frequently on the day that it ends...not to mention the emails that go to my phone, email account, and messages folder on eBay.

Additionally...I schedule auctions to end when I am confident I will be able to actively manage them.

I have never consigned, so I really can't speak for those who do; however, hope that a person consigning my item would approach the auction with an eye towards maximizing the hammer price. In my opinion, this would include sending an answer to someone asking questions 9 hours before the close of auction.

Just my two cents.

Best Regards,

Eric

Currently collecting:
T206 (132/524)
1956 Topps Baseball (190/342)

"You can observe a lot by just watching."
- Yogi Berra