Thread: Houston
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2017, 02:14 PM
R Dixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasHouseGang View Post
It's ironic you posted this yesterday. As soon as I got home my wife was upset and said that her aunt and uncle in Baytown had to evacuate. The water was too shallow to bring in a boat, so they had to wade out of their neighborhood carrying their dogs. They got out to the highway where they caught a ride in the back of a dump truck. It was pouring and they were soaked, be they were able to stay with another one of my wife's aunts outside of Baytown. They don't know if any water got into the house or not. The water was up to the door and was expected to keep rising, so they are just hoping they won't be returning to a wet mess.
Hopefully not. The east side of Baytown got hit so hard and so fast that everyone was being evacuated. I've talked to a few people in the area that have gotten back to their homes and the results are mixed. It is a mess for sure. I ended up taking on a bit before it was all said and done. I'm just taking a break now from pulling up floors and cutting out sheet rock. The smell is awful. My truck got a fair amount of water in it too but it's running fine. Some of the electronics are acting skittish, but I'm hoping it'll dry out. Luckily my sister is bringing over some deer sausage and steaks this evening. We're going to relax and grill outside.

On the card side I've been asking a lot of favors. I normally don't sell cards, but I've had several lots on ebay ending within the last day or two and into tomorrow. Everyone's been understanding so far, but the cards obviously won't ship as fast as they normally would. Also have some sellers holding cards for me until the mail starts running again.

Buffs 3.jpg