View Single Post
Old 03-11-2017, 02:43 PM
Derek Granger

Quote:
Originally Posted by smtjoy View Post
Thanks glad you all liked it.

One thing to note and especially with the 1925-31's PC backed is that the colors do fade (I imagine from exposure to sun/light) so you can find many different shades of the colors, seems to be more pronounced on a few of them blue, red.

I do think there are some undiscovered colors (maybe the print machine had another color loaded, paint got blended together, etc). Here is one I am not sure of, looks more aquamarine (not really green or blue) to me but could also be some kind of fade-

The aquamarine looks identical to the Klein I don't own. And to me, there are definitely two different greens: I'll call the first Incredible Hulk Green and the second Light Green. There is no way that comes from fading. See my post above. And the aquamarine seems too similar to my example to not be a distinct color. Now whether all poses/players have these colors is a completely different question, and not one I think we'll get an answer to in our lifetime. For now, I believe we have a pretty good read on two players (Klein and Grove).

HOF "Earliest" Collection (Ideal - Indiv): 244/342 (71.4%)
1914 T330-2 Piedmont Art Stamps......: 114/119 (95.8%)
1923 V100 Willard's Chocolate............: 177/180 (98.3%)