View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013, 04:42 PM

I want to post something really quick in response to note from another forum member that I got, and they were right so I wanted to clarify. I have knocked the "Type" system in the past but also support it in that I use its terms in my sales etc. (mostly because if I dont I get a hundred e mails a week asking me if a photo is a type 1) So I wanted to clarify a couple of things.

I know and respect Henry Yee very much and I feel that when the system was first implemented it was a dramatic step in the right direction for the hobby. It helped people to understand the hobby of photo collecting and in 99% ++ of the instances it is dead on. Now, here we are several years later and only through viewing literally half a million photographs and seeing many more in auctions etc, I realize there are problems with the system. That does not in ANY WAY diminish that the system is overall VERY good. Sometimes I say things that make it seem like I have a major chip on my shoulder against the system and if that is how it comes across I apologize, it is not my intention. The guys at PSA, do a good job at being consistant within their system and I have never seen ANYTHING that has made me question their motives, expertise, or ethics. I simply post a caveat sometimes that there are problems with the system, not the execution of the system. If I come across as being condescending toward it or those involved, especially Henry, I apologize and that is not in ANY WAY my intentions.

No need to go into the problems now, they are technical and I am sure they will come up at some time in the future and this is not the thread for that. I just wanted to put that out there because at least one person misunderstood me and I dont want others to do the same thing.

Carry on with the discussions.

Rhys yeakley