View Single Post
Old 12-08-2018, 08:37 PM
T!.m H.
Tim Hu,nt

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
Have any of the 3rd Party Authenticators responded to any of this? We've heard a couple of responses from Auction Houses, but nothing from any of the TPAs involved (to my knowledge anyway... please correct me if I'm wrong).

How do we really know how seriously they are taking this matter? Historically they've tended to silently brush these things under the rug, and let the passing of time lessen the severity. Does anyone know what measures or safeguards they are planning to implement as a result of this?

Some of those forgeries look really sketchy, and after the reveals, I was shocked to see that many of those ever passed. Especially the one with the highest dollar value (Baker). Even if they won't address it here on net54, I'd love to see some type of press release or announcement posted on their own websites. Something to indicate new action being taken, in order to re-instill confidence among their customer base.

But frankly (and unfortunately), I don't see that happening anytime soon.
I don't know how serious the TPG's are taking this though if you think back to the last year or so I remember quite a few threads on this board where collectors were complaining that they were rejecting many more autographs than in the past. Having no skin in this part of the game myself it seems the TPG's may have had an inkling that something was off but just kept taking in the submissions and then rejecting them - keep the money flowing...
Successful B/S/T deals with asoriano, obcbobd, x2dRich2000, eyecollectvintage, RepublicaninMass, Kwikford, Oneofthree67, jfkheat, scottglevy, whitehse, GoldenAge50s, Peter Spaeth, Northviewcats, megalimey, BenitoMcNamara, Edwolf1963, mightyq, sidepocket, darwinbulldog, jasonc, jessejames, sb1, rjackson44, bobbyw8469, quinnsryche, Carter08, philliesfan and ALBB, Buythatcard and JimmyC so far.