View Single Post
Old 12-08-2018, 02:05 PM
Fred

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcy View Post
I agree. They are giving opinions and their opinions should be treated as opinions. However, there should be a level of competency and due care involved. Their feet can fairly be held to the fire by the hobby for that-- and certainly hobbyists can and should point out when their conclusions are wrong.
Part of the problem is that they call themselves "authenticators".

Why does JSA charge more for certain signatures (Ruth, Gehrig, etc) than they do others? Is it because they put more time into it? I doubt it.

At what point do the AHs stop using these LOAs, CERTs, etc. as a selling point/feature? For the most part I would trust PSA, SGC and Beckett for grading cards but they should probably consider getting out of the signature "authentication" business.

After this mess, I would think JSA would re-think their business plan and start grading cards because they seem to have a difficult time "authenticating" signatures. They may have a better chance of spotting a fake card.

http://www.net54baseball.com/attachm...1&d=1544302248
Attached Images
File Type: jpg JSA tp.jpg (19.6 KB, 1031 views)