Thread: May pickups
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2017, 02:48 PM
Mikeknapp

Thanks Ben, Banos took some beautiful photos. I was torn about this one. Banos, who served as the Pirates team photographer for many years died 5 years ago. For obvious reasons I love his work. This photo originates from negatives owned by the Roberto Clemente museum. I was told that only a handful of this image were printed from the original Banos negative. I have other signed Banos images. This one lacks that distinction. Nonetheless, it is a large photo printed on museum quality archival photo paper. Prior to purchasing it I communicated with a photo expert I respect. He said that this was more of an art purchase than a collectible news photo. I love the beauty of the image and decided to pull the trigger based on my love of the image's subject and the quality/beauty of the image. Nonetheless, this serves as a reminder to buy what I love not what is necessarily considered as an investment.

If you have any 1971 Pirate regular season game stubs (home or away games) please let me know what have!

1971 Pirates Game used bats Collection 18/18 (100%)