Thread: Card Thefts
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2016, 07:41 PM
je.sse @rnot

To answer the OP's question I think you'll be better off letting it go. Trying to track down the thief doesn't seem very likely. Unless you notice someone lurking in the neighborhood and set up some kind sting operation.

I know how you feel. I had a break in a few years back and had a lot stolen, including a couple of grand worth of cards after I had gotten back into the hobby. I was pretty paranoid for a while after it happened. The street was a dead end after my house so it was unusual to find any parked cars or people driving other than the neighbors. But when I saw anyone else I kept an eye on them. I even followed a couple of vehicles that were probably just lost and turning around. I did not catch the thief and doubt the cops put much effort into doing so either.

I did install a home security system a couple of days after the robbery, and now keep any cards worth more than a grand or so at the bank.

Last edited by pokerplyr80; 07-28-2016 at 07:41 PM.