Thread: Card Thefts
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2016, 01:45 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampsfan View Post
Really sorry to hear all this. And I'm not looking to hijack the thread.

I'm sitting here in Canada, reading this, and thinking "The USPS picks up outgoing mail from your home?"

We can barely get Canada Post to bring our mail to our door anymore. Most mail is dropped in a multi-box on a corner, and you have to go get it.
Thanks. This is a very minor thing.

You can put in an online request for mail pick-up and they will knock on your door - it's great. I don't do it because I would have to have the items packed and ready to ship the night before, and I tend to package things at the last minute. But I used that service in Georgia, as the mailman did not come to our apartment door.

The USPS service in Tacoma is the greatest I've experienced. My mailman comes by first thing in the morning to drop off packages, then in the afternoon for everything else. He hides packages (so well that once it took me almost a week to find one!) and made several great suggestions regarding future package pick-up: leave outgoing mail in the milk box, stick it inside my screen door, leave it inside (hidden) the mailbox, or put in an online request the evening before to have packages picked up - then I can leave them inside the house until he arrives and he will ring the bell. The prior mailman knew that I had a lot of outgoing mail, so he always honked twice when he arrived, so that I could hear him if I was working in the garden. You can also get a red flag for your box.

Great guys (and gals) all around.