View Single Post
Old 04-08-2015, 06:03 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoogeco View Post
Thanks for all the help. It is a fascinating collection. Does anyone have any information regarding the 2 George Burke's postcards that were a part of the collection? I am having trouble finding anything out regarding these. The Williams looks like a very early (he still looks like a high school kid) piece. Thanks again to all!!
Might be able to tell you more if I saw the backs, but they look like Burke's standard 4x6 photo format. Not postcards in the strictest sense, but rather double-weight photos in a slightly larger size. I would expect the back to have the players' names typed along with a file code in the corner that identifies the team and player depicted (not at my home computer right now, or I'd tell you exactly what the code should be). Seeing the stamps on the back might help narrow the time frame when they were produced, but would be in about the same range as the M114's you showed.

Last edited by thecatspajamas; 04-08-2015 at 06:05 PM.