View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 12:24 PM
bubblebathgirl

A lot of interesting things going on in this thread. Here are my thoughts:

1. The CU forums, people getting reprimanded & banned

For some I think this happened because you simply need to learn how to behave like an adult, and ideally, like a professional. For others you simply stepped over a line that CU clearly drew in the sand.

2. Grading & many 10s in a row

Joe Orlando made it very clear how this happens and the service offered that allows for it. I agree poofing the thread that asked how this happens was kind of extreme, he should have just replied to it or pinned a thread explaining this circumstance.

3. Pristine Paper & Peter Iskowitz

I started another thread in the Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980) about this specific topic. I've purchased a good deal of cards from Peter to augment my sets and as such it is strongly in my interest that these cards be legit. My concern is not how PSA grades them, as the service indicated above seems reasonable, and more how Peter obtains these pristine cards, specifically, whether they are sheet-cut.

Some would argue that whether they are sheet-cut or not, if they pass PSA inspection then it's fine. Since the sheets were produced when the original cards were and all ... that said, cutting now has potential to be a lot more accurate then it was back in the 70's and earlier, and part of the (or the whole) point is getting cards that were cut and sealed back then and have survived the travel of time.

At any rate, I've communicated a decent amount with Peter and he seems like a nice guy. That said, has anyone here ever met him, ever seen how he gets his cards raw or unopened ... or perhaps has any proof that he is indeed cutting sheets.

Like I said I don't assume to know either way what's really going on here, but with such impressive results in the nature of PSA 10s, I think it's fair to question the authenticity of the cards, and the method in which they were procured. I'm all for transparency, as it builds confidence and allows for freedom to grow.