View Single Post
Old 10-16-2008, 06:39 AM
Administrator

Default Bruce Dorskind .. a question for you

Posted By: Ryan Christoff

David,

One person stating they would have been willing to pay more for an item does not mean they are suddenly the "market."

Instead of continually slamming Bruce (or Jeff or Jim, etc., etc.) why not do some actual research and give us some sales records of Boston Garter cards that sold in that time period and maybe we can get an idea of what the "market" could or should have been for this card. Even if you only find records of commons that sold, we can probably figure out a reasonable price for this card based on that.

Bruce paid less than Dan would have paid, but did he pay more than most others would have? How can we know? He said he thought it was worth $1,000 and he paid $1,400. Would you have paid more than $1,400? You can't just assume that every single person willing to pay more was going to know about and have access to the seller and his card. It wasn't an auction.

I have other thoughts on this but as I am typing I just realized that you have now extracted posts from me that have come to the defense of both Bruce Dorskind and Jim Crandell.

Look what you've done to me!!!

-Ryan