View Single Post
Old 09-04-2014, 11:43 PM
€r!©k §µmmær$

Default revision to arrangement

I've asked about the actual dimensions of the Lash's Bitters postcards and the approximate release date, but to this point have not received a response. The introduction of the second postcard front, however, has made me believe that my initial recreation in post 17 was incorrect.

Knowing the two front images yields new clues, specifically that some of the cards I thought were on the same sheet, probably were on separate sheets. This appears to be the case because there were two "runs" for each postcard front on each sheet: one rightside up, and one upside down.

You will notice, in the animations, that the overprint backs skew slightly on their starting position, but I believe I have the size and spacing equivalent in each. You will also notice that in the two sheet animations, that separate color passes for each front are represented. In the first sheet, the "big hat man" (blues) appears right side up, and on the second sheet his "mates" (reds) appear upside down. The is opposite is true of the other postcard front. On the first sheet, you can see the yellows and oranges of the bar upside down, but that same images blues are right side up in sheet two.

This knowledge has me revise one sheet to reveal what appears to be cards within seven columns of each other (listed from the back view left to right): Brashear, Rhodes, Rudolph, Schlafly, Bliss. It is highly likely, based on a ghost image of a Piedmont 350, that the card to the right of Bliss (again from the back view) was Freeman. Based on the layout of the T206s and the alignment with the Lash's post card images, it is highly likely that there was a run of seven T206s that span at least two postcards.

Note that the card in row four is also a Rudolph (same column) and that card is obviously not the last row on the sheet since the (upside down) Lash's front has a "bottom" occur there. Here's an animation showing the three overprint runs and how the cards align:

Last edited by t206hound; 09-05-2014 at 03:09 PM.