View Single Post
Old 11-24-2015, 05:56 PM
Joe Gonsowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCubsGo32 View Post
Hello,

I'm on the photo side of the world of collecting and I was wondering are the Old Judge series more valuable than T206 cards? In addition, is there a more following of collectors of T206 cards (because of Wagner?) vs Old Judges cards?
Hello Gary,

The usual suspects have chimed in. The OJ faithful on this board pale in comparison (in numbers) to the T206 crowd but we are as hard core as they come. Many T206 collectors come and go, but most N172 collectors are lifers

I do believe that OJs would be more widely collected and coveted if they were more readily available and commonly found with good image qualities. Some collectors prefer the old sepia photos, others prefer colorful artistic renditions. The sets do have many similarities . . . similar number of subjects, cover major & minor leagues, obscure to HOF, etc. Total number of OJ poses and T206 front/back combos are extremely high. Both sets cover an interesting but different time period. Both can be collected on a budget or with deep pockets, it all comes down to how you scope your interests.
- 19th century Detroit memorabilia and cards with emphasis on Goodwin & Co. issues ( N172 / N173 / N175 ) and Tomlinson cabinets
- N333 SF Hess Newsboys League cards (all teams)
- Pre ATC Merger (1890 and prior) cigarette packs and redemption coupons from all manufacturers