View Single Post
Old 12-04-2014, 12:41 PM
Todd Schultz

Default nice catch

You are correct, the card is incorrectly labeled--Smith is not even in the d329 set. SGC is not immune from messing up the Weil cards either. According to their pop reports, they have graded card #7 HD Baird, yet Baird in fact should be #8 in D329 and #10 in D328.

I doubt the label fooled anyone-- apart from the card size the two sets don't look that much alike to those who collect them--only a handful of D329s have an artificial looking background with I believe only one looking similar to a D328 (Strunk). I am also not convinced it was that great a deal, although if you're a set collector and need the card I can understand the price. The card has minor surface issues on the front and scrapbook residue on the back. You are right though, it is less plentiful than the d329.
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.