View Single Post
Old 08-22-2009, 08:02 AM
Dan Marke1

Default Reply to Peter's questions

Peter,

Yes, Susor bought those two Jim Kings directly from "excuzme". I communicated with that dealer recently and he told me that he keeps a log of all of his sales so these two purchases should documented and the scans were saved for our database. There is an extensive visual database of Susor's eBay purchases the over the last 2-1/2 years.

As far as stars versus commons, the PSA Registry has made low population commons more valuable than stars. From a raw buyers end, you can buy a $5 or $10 common and bump it to make an outrageous profit. Here's an example from the Network 54 post-war forum post by Jim Crandell (davalillo). In fact even after reading "The Markel Report" early yesterday, Crandell and I exchanged several e-mails and still doesn't think Susor alters cards. Amazing.

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=110886

Susor recently sold a '59 Billy Pierce AS PSA 8 for $3001. We have a good scan of what looks to be the identical raw card with a clearly rounded batwing type corner that in the graded card looks squared up and sharp. Under Texas Deceptive Trade Practice Law, this could potentially be a $9003 judgment against Susor if the buyer decides to pursue it.

Last edited by WhenItWasAHobby; 08-22-2009 at 04:18 PM.