View Single Post
Old 08-22-2009, 07:12 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhenItWasAHobby View Post
Peter,

The two Jim Kings were sold around Jan. and Feb. 2007 by eBay seller "excuzme". I saved the scans directly to my hard drive, and also had them backed up on several networks managed by an IT group who could prove they pre-existed before the graded cards showed up on eBay.

The '61 Cheney and the '67 Ellis were originally mine. I made high resolution scans of those cards (about 6 megabytes each) - front and back and asked an attorney in Dallas to list them on eBay along with about 70 other cards between Oct. 2007 to early this year. Susor bought about 30 of them and typically sits on them for 12 to 18 months. We have since then bought back 5 and all appear to be altered to various degrees. The '61 Cheney are the '67 Ellis are the best examples. I have a '64 Osteen that was micro-trimmed. I'll show scans later.

The other 40 were also tracked and several were bought back from "good collectors" with no signs of alteration. Frank Bakka was one of them.
Well Dan at least as to the ones YOU personally owned and HE bought, it is difficult for me to think of another explanation. Was he also the buyer of the Jim Kings?

What puzzles me a bit in reference to this seller (and I have heard accusations against him before) is that it's always commons that are involved. One would think if a person had the skill to get trimmed cards past PSA and the inclination, he would also work on higher value cards? Do you have any thoughts on that?

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 08-22-2009 at 07:13 AM.