Thread: BST etiquette
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2022, 04:09 PM
mªttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flintboy View Post
Had a card for sale with a listed price. A member asked for more detailed information on the condition of the card. I respond a short time later and the member asks if I will take “X” for it. When I log back in I get a message from another member stating he will take the card at full ask. I message the member stating the card sold at full ask.

The member gets a little upset stating that since he “was in negotiations for the card” I should have given him the chance to purchase it at the full ask.

I don’t understand that since it was listed with a price and he could have stated at any time I’ll take it at the asking price. If you wanted the card that bad pony up the extra $20 and just take it.

How does the majority see this? I’m sure it happens on occasion and I always try to do the right thing. I guess in the future I’ll have to phrase all my auctions like another member here with “I’ll take it trumps all other negotiations”. I thought that would be understandable but I guess not.
Personally I agree with the other party that you should have given them the chance to buy at full price before selling to the next person. IMO adding that phrase is the way to go in the future.
Successful transactions with: Natswin2019, ParachromBleu, Cmount76, theuclakid, tiger8mush, shammus, jcmtiger, oldjudge, coolshemp, joejo20, Blunder19, ibechillin33, t206kid, helfrich91, Dashcol, philliesfan, alaskapaul3, Natedog, Kris19, frankbmd, tonyo, Baseball Rarities, Thromdog, T2069bk, t206fix, jakebeckleyoldeagleeye, Casey2296, rdeversole, brianp-beme, seablaster, twalk, qed2190, Gorditadogg, LuckyLarry