View Single Post
Old 04-25-2018, 10:24 AM
Bob C.

As of right this moment, i would have to say Ohtani cards. There's a new Bowman product just being released right this week i think that has a 1 of 1 superfractor (or some similar designation) rookie card of Ohtani's in it that already has a standing offer of $60,000 for it, even before it is pulled from a pack. As long as it grades at least a 9.5 and Blowout Cards gets it by May 11th, as I understand the conditions. And as the old saying goes, "all boats rise with the tide", so all Ohtani's other rookie cards are going ballistic right now.

As pointed out by other posters though, with these modern cards your best bet is to get them directly from packs, if possible, and then quickly dump them for a big profit. This is exactly why the Breakers are in control of the new card distribution market out there and why Topps and Panini are gearing their products to create these manufactured rarities that drive modern collectors insane with prices and values. It is essentially nothing more than a legalized form of gambling in my opinion.