View Single Post
Old 10-05-2006, 10:09 AM
Administrator

Default Jeter and Today's baseball

Posted By: prewarsports

Lets get a few things straight.

First, I never said Jeter sucks, he is a VERY good player period. I never claimed I was better than him which is just a stupid playground thing to say when you have nothing better to say in an argument. The guy is going to have 3000+ hits and probably a .305 career average when it is all said and done. Good enough for the Hall of fame but not even good enough to hold Ty Cobb's Jock.

Second, I just looked up his stats Ryan. Going into this postseason he had 142 hits in 462 at bats for a .307 career postseason average. I then went to approx 10 different websites that all quote his career postseason average at .306. So unless all these websites are wrong, you are off on your numbers. Even if you factor in his 5/5 last night he is at about .310. He is not even in the top 10 all time MIDDLE INFIELDERS in postseason batting average. Now that is stone cold clutch!

Once again I do NOT hate Jeter, I just get tired of people who are weirdly obsessed with a man-crush on the guy when his numbers simply do not justify it.

When you have a .310 average in the most postseason at bats of all time, you are going to get some big hits.