View Single Post
Old 10-05-2006, 09:31 AM
Administrator

Default Jeter and Today's baseball

Posted By: Jason L

You mentioned: "The more I think about it, Jeter is probably the second best shortstop ever. Pretty amazing when the team also has the greatest closer ever and the player who may someday be regarded as the greatest third baseman ever. BTW, whoever said they preferred Ozzie Smith to Jeter needs to think again. I don't think Ozzie should even be in the HOF, let alone be compared to Jeter."

That was me, and it's merely a preference, and I can think about it every day until I die, and I will always give you the same answer: Ozzie Smith over Jeter....who is your first pick at SS, as you mention that Jeter is second-best ever?

Regardless, Ozzie is in the HOF, he was a first ballot, and no one else went in with him, so there are other voices behind mine that speak louder and with far more authority...
BTW, I'm not arguing that Jeter's not great, or that he won't be Hall-worthy...I'm merely saying that you always need a guy to hate, he happens to be that guy, and I don't want him on my team if I were choosing sides in a sandlot game...
It is interesting that so many people hate him though...