View Single Post
Old 02-08-2008, 01:36 PM
Administrator

Default Robert Edward Auctions Will Sell Beckett's T206 Wagner

Posted By: cmoking

"King- regardless what you think of the card in a Beckett holder, it was from an original find so how could it not cross over to an SGC 10, or a PSA 1?"

What's worse than a SGC 10 or PSA 1? There is something worse than a 1.

What if Rob doesn't see something but SGC or PSA sees something upon trying to cross it over?

I agree the probability of it crossing is high. But there is still a chance it doesn't. The chance of the Patriots only scoring 14 points in the Super Bowl was incredibly low, probably less than 5%. It happened.

If I was willing to pay $150,000 for a SGC 10 card, I'd shave $15,000 to $30,000 off that number for a Beckett 1 with the small chance it doesn't cross. That would be enough of a difference to compensate for the potential aggravation if it doesn't cross.

But if I was really in the market for one and was interested in this particular card, I'd go out of my way to make sure it would cross before hand, thus eliminating the risk. But if I didn't take those steps, I would shave 15K to 30K off of my real bid. That's just me, it sounds like few agree though, so maybe there is no negative impact if no one else has the same worries (albeit small worries) that I'd have if I was interested in the card.