View Single Post
Old 12-04-2003, 10:34 PM
Administrator

Default Toni/Jim saga continues

Posted By: Gemint

Here's my email correspondance regarding his two 1974 wax boxes for $999. I eagerly await how he responds (if he does)...

gemint - Hello, I'm interested in bidding on the 1974 wax boxes. I'll use buy it now if you allow me to purchase through an independant escrow service. Let me know.

Toni - I SAW YOU ARE INTERESTED IN MY Two Unopened 1974 Topps Baseball Wax Boxes.

IF YOU ARE STILL INTERESTED PLEASE LET ME KNOW.
THE PRICE IS US$999.00 (all taxes included).

REGARDS.

Toni Toscana
www.tonis-sports-cards.com
Phone/Fax (UK): 0044.207.900.2484
Phone/Fax (IT): 0039.029.544.1573

gemint - Hello Toni,

Please confirm if you'll allow me to use a US based escrow company of my choosing to conduct the transaction. That's the only way I will purchase these items.

Thanks.

Toni - Hello,

Thank you for being interested about my item.

The cards are located in United Kingdom. As shipping carrier i will use MoverMAX or Pegasus Cargo so you will receive the package in 2 or 3 business days. The delivery will be door-to-door so you don't have to worry about any other delivery fees when the package will arrive in your country.

To protect my business I have adopted the following polices.

Nobody forces you to accept it. If you don't agree, I believe it would be better that none of us lose his time for nothing.

- I will send the sports cards in advance and when you'll receive the tracking number from the carrier and you see that the package is moving I expect from you to send me the payment confirmation in max. 24 hours from that moment. In that way both of us will be protected.
- As a payment method I have chosen Western Union's services because they always served our interests in a professional manner and helped me gain buyers. I consider promptitude a vital condition on the modern eCommerce markets and a guarantee of quality.

If the terms and conditions above are suitable for you and you decide to purchase please email me back with your full name and address to prepare the package.
After I have the shipping information's from you I will prepare the package and I will contact the carrier.

Thank you again for your interest.

I look forward to a favorable reply and just as soon as I receive it, I will send you my payment address.

Regards.

Toni Toscana

gemint - Hi Toni,

If you're willing to go through "escrow.com" (eBay's preferred escrow service), then I'd be willing to move forward with the transaction. Any other method is of no interest to me. I was burned once by a scam (not saying yours is). It took me over a year to get my money back after the seller was prosecuted and convicted by the USPS postal inspector. He's now spending two years under house arrest and had to pay $40k restitution to his victims. I'd just rather go the safe route per eBay's strong recommendations.

Let me know.

Thanks.
gemint