View Single Post
Old 10-18-2017, 06:04 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Anyone know of a free or cheap site that includes ftp access with predictable image paths (ie I dump a bunch of sequentially-numbered jpg's from 001.jpg to 099.jpg into an ftp folder, and the site generates linkable images at addresses something like http://www.website.com/thecatspajamas/folder/001.jpg, ....folder/002.jpg, etc) that can then be linked to and embedded in other sites? That's how I used to use photobucket until they first killed the ftp functionality, then scrambled the file names to discourage fusking, then killed the linking ability altogether (unless one ponies up for the top-tier subscription).

For my usual purposes, I need to be able to dump huge numbers of images at a time and generate predictable links that can be used elsewhere. If I have to upload or copy/paste the links one at a time, it ain't happening, regardless of whether the service is free. I couldn't care less if the folders are private.

For my ebay listing, I now have a SimpleStore site that works very well for my ebay listing (thanks Bob!) but it would be good to have something simple for Net54 board posts and the like.