View Single Post
Old 12-05-2006, 06:17 PM
Administrator

Default If You Can Sell It Here, You Can Sell It Anywhere

Posted By: Judson Hamlin

Wow, I can just feel the love.

A few thoughts
-The "we" thing is really throwing me. I just watched an old Muppet Show episode with my daughters and Peter Sellers is doing some Queen Victoria impersonation in a Viking helmet saying "we will receive him.." We are not amused. Actually we are.

-A Manhattan show isn't impossible. There is a postcard/ephemera show at the Penn Hotel a couple of times a year, so a paper themed show can be done. I mean, those postcard collectors can't be better or more organized than us, right? (checks NYC Dinner threads) Oh, right, never mind.

-When it comes to this "hobby"(and I recognize that is is a business for many of this board's members), I am clearly a have not. Like many of us (I suspect) I am a fair to vg-ex collector for all my pre-war sets, and wouldn't know what to do with a PSA 8 T205, except sell it for a heap o' raw vg's. And I do feel like a dollar spent on a grading service is a dollar lost for another card. A PSA 8 show has all the allure for me of say, a Menudo reunion concert or watching a "The Simple Life" marathon. But good luck with that.

-You may now return to your regularly scheduled sniping, ranting, etc...