View Single Post
Old 08-20-2016, 05:44 PM
Nick Barnes

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinD View Post
Well I think you more agreed than half right,

I was talking about prewar and basically agree on post. Although it depends on where you see the price stabilization. In my opinion a reasonable price considering supply and production for a psa 9 rose would be 10k plus, which to me seems a tremendously high price for a 63. A mid grade should be in the couple hundred area. If I paid 100k now for something I could only sell for 10-11 in three years, I would be pretty bummed.

That's beanie baby ROI.

I also have into account the boomers have around 15 years until they start to fade like the ww2 generation. Time takes us all. It is indeterminate if the x and y generation can supply enough collectors to maintain values on post war pre-80. The millennial generation of my son has (for now it seems) a short attention span and may never get excited about the players of the past. It's a coin toss.
yeah, I was mostly agreeing but saying 87% right seemed...well weird!

I do think that much of this price boom is less than 100 guys selling various cards to each other and all trying to flip for more and more profit. Eventually this post war boom will fall, and fall badly. I DO think that the floor won't be what it was prior to this boom tho.

but hey, you might be right and it does a beanie baby. (which I would love, too many Aaron cards are out of my price range right now compared to the first time I bought them years ago )