View Single Post
Old 07-12-2016, 07:07 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by the 'stache View Post
Dale, to be honest, I think you're going to have to retype the list manually. While there are programs that can parse text from an image file, or PDF, I don't think that the type in your image, as it appears, is clean enough to get a good read off of. You can try Google Drive, and see if it will do it for you.

Your image utilizes a common font, Times New Roman. So, you have that going for you. And, I think it meets the size requirement (10 px). But even if I were to take the image, and up the contrast, there just looks to be too much noise that could mess with it. The one thing that I think will cause the attempt to fail is the kerning. Kerning is the space between characters; there isn't any, so the different characters bleed into each other.

Good luck.
Thanks for the tips/help, Bill.

I have asked my wife, who is a lot better at this stuff than me, and she thinks she will be able to do it?

I am not fussy so even if it doesn't match or look proper, I will be OK with it as long as I am able to update the list with new cards. If not, then back to the drawing board, or typing it all out again I go.

If I have to resort to that then I'll be sure to save it properly so I can update it in the future as well.

Thanks again

Dale