Thread: rarest backs
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2014, 07:19 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Hey darwinbulldog....check this out

Quote:
Originally Posted by darwinbulldog View Post
Lately I've become more interested in rare back variations on otherwise common cards. "Otherwise common" spans a wide range, but in general I'm thinking of cards that carry an ACC designation and that one can generally find at least one example of on eBay at any given moment. I'd like to invite the type collectors and anyone else to edit my first stab at a listing of these rare backs with common fronts -- and, if so inclined, to estimate how many total examples of the rare back exist and/or what proportion of all the cards in the set have that particular back. Are there some that I should drop from this list? Some I should add (assuredly yes)? And what are the toughest E94 and T212 backs? Are any of the T212 back ads so rare that they should be listed here?
Currently, there are 241 cards listed on Ebay under the T213 category. These 241 cards are a combination of either T213-2's or T213-3's.

There are ZERO ! ....NADA ! ....ZILCH ! 1910 COUPON (T213-1) cards listed. And, if you bother to check the ebay T213 listing on a weekly
basis, you will see this same pattern. Rarely, will a T213-1 pop up.

Therefore, per your stated "RAREST QUALIFICATION" in your 1st post here, the T213-1 back should indeed be considered in your "rarest" list.

Furthermore,
you include BROAD LEAF 460 back in your list. Well, 27 different T206 subjects have been confirmed with BL 460. To date, total population
of T206's with this back exceeds 50 cards. Not that much of a difference when comparing them to the population of T213-1 cards.

TED Z