View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 10:32 AM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Hey Sean Costello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
Ted, great Uzit, and I love that Puttman proof.

I'm curious about the T213 Coupons. I own some Type-2 and Type-3, which have the different printing font and color. The Type-1 looks like the T206 font. And they were printed during the same time period as the T206s. This is why you consider them to be part of the set?
Were the Coupons all lumped together as one issue because they were from the same manufacturer, instead of being divided into separate issues?
What do they feel like? Are they glossy or are they the same as T206s?
And while I'm bothering you, what about Red Cross. I believe some of them were printed in 1910. Do you also consider them to be T206s ?
As you can see, there's a lot I don't know about this. I appreciate any help you can provide.

Thanks for the compliments and some good questions regarding the 1910 COUPON issue.

I will start by saying that Jeff Burdick's records regarding the the 1910 COUPON cards indicate that he was unaware that the "T213-1" were printed and issued in 1910.
Burdick's records show that this issue is dated circa 1914-1919 along with the other two COUPON issues (T213-2 & T213-3). We now know this was incorrect info.

The 1910 COUPON cards are indeed identical in all respects to their T206 counterparts....with this exception....these cards were printed on thinner cardboard stock.

My theory regarding the thinner stock is that these cards were never intended to be used as "stiffiners" in tobacco packs. No cigarette pack has ever been found label-
led "COUPON" cigarettes. However, cartons labelled "COUPON" Cigarettes have been found that would have contained 100's of this brand of cigarettes.

1910 RED CROSS

Yes, I'm of the school that considers the 1st series of RED CROSS cards (circa 1910) should have been classified as T206's.

Best regards,

TED Z