Thread: Real T206?
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2017, 05:47 PM
Bill Gregory

It's definitely real, and clearly trimmed. The bottom didn't jump out at me as quickly as the top did, though.

I took the card in Photoshop, justified it along the left edge, and added in a few thin pencil lines. It jumps out more with these. The two edges on the side are nice and smooth, what I'd expect from a card of this condition. The bottom, especially the bottom right, shows some fraying that's not consistent with the factory cutting. But the top is most obvious. There's some minor fraying again, but the edge is horribly miscut. Look at the bowing. Unless that's the result of the top being smooshed down, somehow, it just wouldn't look like that. And I see no evidence of any paper compression from the scans.

It's a nice card if you're just keeping it for yourself, but if you ever tried to sell it, you should clearly document your concerns. Any buyer should know that it's been altered. But the card presents nicely, imo, overall with the trimming caveat.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.