View Single Post
Old 06-24-2019, 09:13 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvindog View Post
I'm not convinced he's a lawyer. No one could be this clueless, even the shittiest slip and fall lawyer.

The average value of a trimmed card in this mess is probably $2000. Let's say it's $5000. Jake, do you think people are going to run to sue over that amount of money? Or will they try like hell to do anything they can to avoid paying a lawyer more money than the value of the card they're suing over? Even the guy with the trimmed PSA 10 Musial didn't sue immediately. He's clearly trying to get his money back without the need for costly, lengthy litigation.
Not to mention that most people don't live in California so they would have to contemplate bringing out of state litigation.

But I have a 2K card that's been identified as possibly trimmed and I'm REALLY pissed so I am going to find a lawyer who practices in Orange County, and pay him or her whatever it takes to file and pursue a lawsuit RIGHT NOW, even though it's premature because PSA hasn't reviewed the card yet or said no on their guarantee. I am sure the lawyer can get around that. And if I have to travel to California to testify at trial, so be it, damn it. That 2K card is THAT important to me.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 06-24-2019 at 09:27 AM.