View Single Post
Old 06-30-2017, 05:07 AM
Glyn Parson

Default I know a little bit.

I own quite a few and have owned unopened packs of the "cards" in the past. All the Mike Schmidts should have a print dot on the upper part of his nose. There are retired negro league stars in the set I believe all played in the winter leagues back in the day. Cool set with some awesome players in it. The schmidt is of course the key followed by gossage, Paige and Brown, then probably Cepada and Robinson. All the negro leaguers as well as boone, Cey, baker, and a few others have some demand from player of collectors of their major league teams. There was an individual from the Lehigh valley in PA who is said to have brought hundreds of these sets to the USA in the late 70's early 80's. I honestly am not 100% on it being a 1972 and not early 1973 issue but it has been catalogued as 1972 for a long time. If I can think of anything else i will let you guys know. These "cards" or stickers as some call them are extremely thin and on a rather glossy stock. Some guys are often oc and some have common print issues.