Thread: Comc
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2022, 08:06 AM
Fr@.nk T.ot.@

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8Beldini View Post
Poorly photographed over priced junk with no returns. Pick a card, any card. You will find 20 twice as nice and half the price as any similar card offered by COMC. Ya'all love to bust on Dean, but at least that guy grades accurately, gives you a proper photo, and will take it back if you're not happy.
In my (admittedly limited) experience, this just isn't true at all. While there is a lot of overpriced crap (just like ebay BIN), there are also a lot of good deals (unlike ebay BIN). I've picked up a lot of cards I've been happy with.

Of course, it depends what cards you are looking for. For the most collectible cards (serial #d auto RCs of up and coming stars, etc), it can be harder to find bargains. For the other 99% of cards printed, it can be a great resource. In fact, if you consider shipping, fees, etc, it's hard to find a better place for individual commons.

Maybe I am biased (or at least hopeful). Just this week I sent about 1000 cards in to COMC (the first time I've ever submitted cards) that I want to sell. I've found it just isn't worth my going on ebay or BST to sell individual cards at $5, $10, even $50. Work is pretty demanding and I have young kids, so there other things I'd rather do with my time at this point.

I'm happy to send the higher end or stuff with high demand to DCSports87 or another consignor that takes raw cards. But for cards under $50 (or raw vintage) I haven't had much luck finding something that makes sense so I have thousands and thousands piled up in boxes...like many collectors, I imagine. With any luck COMC will work out. The process seems easy...they do all the work and I just pick a price. Since you can see the other prices the card is offered for when you click on your card, I plan to list a little under whatever the next lowest price is and hope someone bites.

PS: And your comment about Dean's made me laugh (not in a bad way). I've bought cards from him over the years. The prices used to be very high, but that's a decent business model if you have an inventory you can let sit until just the right buyer comes along. As the market shot up the last couple of years, it made his prices seem much more reasonable.