Thread: Pricing Sites
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2018, 10:48 AM
Ch.ris Jenk.ins

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanTown View Post
Im just curious how a sales price can be wrong? I thought it captured the final price? Maybe on eBay its wrong from the make an offer, as the public can't see the price. But auction house sites they publish the final price including the BP I thought.
Here are some thoughts on that....
1. VCP lately doesn't seem to be as current, meaning slower to post sales, therefore missing the most recent few. I've seen this on several occasions.
2. VCP doesn't seem to be getting auction house sales recently. Haven't seen many Heritage, Sterling Sports, or others. When looking up results, you typically see only ebay listings. Without those results, you aren't getting the full picture.
3. Their software gets confused at times because of how the ebay listing title is done. If it reads "1969 Topps Reggie Jackson BVG 7 like PSA" it will often show up as a PSA 7 sale. Other misreads (OC card read as straight grade, for example) can skew averages.
4. VCP picks up BIN and Best Offer sales pretty well. But when you message a seller rather than use the Best Offer function (or when there is no Best Offer option) asking if they will take $xxx, vcp will not pick up a reply with an offer from the seller. Say a card is listed at $125 and you message the seller and offer $99. The seller can reply with an offer that if accepted becomes official. If you purchase at $99 in that manner, VCP will likely pick up the sale at the listed $125.