View Single Post
Old 05-27-2017, 11:12 AM
Scott ku.rtis

1). I would form a volunteer board of advisors that meets annually to discuss business development, past year's financials, best practices and issues that arose in the past year, and future growth plans. Hold it at the National each year. That way there is some outside viewpoints from passionate users that value the site.

2). Take a look at the web stats and see if the hierarchy needs to be changed a bit. On the surface it seems nearly everything outside of B/S/T defaults to vintage, and some parts of this site in modern or other sports that could be very beneficial sort of get ignored. Maybe have a bin of "All New Posts" and you click there and it links to the actual thread on the sub-forum. Maybe have that with radio box filters on top so you could filter it out by sub-forum to have a personalized "New Post" feed.

3). You all do a great job of flagging auctions, but perhaps from a rev perspective building an auction scanner of some sort may be $$$$$ beneficial to net54. So Net54 member says "I am looking for the following 10 cards" and all the auction houses that sponsor Leon's site have their auctions able to be parsed over by a computer code that alerts the Net54 member to his wishlist being sold at REA or Heritage or some really sort of esoteric auction that he may otherwise miss. This would only work for people that advertise here, so it's pay to play, but the hit rate would be higher because we are actionable buyers for the most part. So beneficial for auctioneers, buyers and site owner. I know this already "exists" but why not incorporate it somehow and monetize a bit for your personal good?