View Single Post
Old 04-19-2008, 07:55 PM
Administrator

Default Net54 VBCF Motley Crew..what do you look like?

Posted By: fkw

David, Im only about 10-15 miles away from all 3 vog producers (Halema'uma'u inside Kilauea is the biggest now), but we dont get any vog here 95% of the time. You guys on Oahu get far more vog that we do because of the trade wind. Kona on the other side of the island gets it real bad.

Both pics you like I didnt take.

The Lava picture wasnt taken by me, they wont let us get that close to the lava now without getting arrested (lots of security now so tourists dont get in a tight spot and trapped).
The Lava pic originated from somewhere on this this website taken sometime in late Feb to early March http://hvo.wr.usgs.gov/kilauea/update/images.html

The "Puna Speed limit sign" with the white paint (original) is an older photo that you will see on the Internet from time to time (answers.com "Puna" has it). The sign is still in the exact same spot on Kama'ili Road in lower Puna, I drive past it almost every day. The owner repainted it in orange paint and changed the last line from "UNDA STAND" to "ITS ABOUT RESPECT", so I didnt show the newer version of it.... I like the old one mo betta.