View Single Post
Old 07-26-2003, 11:15 AM
Administrator

Default ANYONE GO TO THE NATIONAL TODAY?

Posted By: Patrick McMenemy

Just got in from my trip to the Atlantic City National. Although the drive from Cape Cod to Atlantic City and back is not something I would ever conceive of doing again, I'm happy to be home safe and sound. Glad I avoided going through NYC, especially after I learned there was a horrific fatal tractor trailer wreck on the George Washington Bridge.

Other than the drive, the trip was a very memorable. Was really nice to finally meet many of the board members face-to-face. "A cast of characters" to say the least. Regret I bailed early before the diner, but I was out on my feet. Sold off many of my duplicates. Traded for an awesome Roger Bresnahan Novelty Cutlery Postcard as well as a EX+ Chief Meyers (Fielding) T206, and came home with over $300.00 in my pocket. Unfortunately, I didn't see any inexpensive 1956 Topps for Ben. Saw just expensively priced HOFers from that Topps set. Did find a T222 that Fatima Bill needed...Can't wait to hear if anything else turned up after the first day of the show.