View Single Post
Old 04-19-2022, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
What's unfair? Everyone has the same opportunity to bid. A set ending is actually more unfair, a guy who's a better sniper has a better chance of winning. The real reason though is an auction isn't supposed to end until the bidding is over. Extended bidding is the best way to reproduce a live auction in an online format. Could you imagine going to a live auction where the auctioneer announces "Bidding is open on lot 32 for 60 seconds. GO" and whoever yells a number closest to the end of the 60 seconds wins???!!!
I don't mind when each lot closes individually with extended bidding. That gives everyone a chance to bid on their lots. I do not think it is fair when the entire auction has to wait for all bids to stop for 15 minutes before the auction closes. This often benefits west coast buyers because most of these auctions seem to end between 2:00 and 4:00 a.m. eastern time. There have been times when I have woken up at 5:30 a.m. eastern time for work and see an auction still open and able to bid if I still wanted. That just seems ridiculous and like the auction house is trying to milk every dollar out of the auction.