View Single Post
Old 02-14-2023, 03:00 PM
Jim Boushley
Jim Bou.shley

BobC - actually I have a 3rd Edition of SCD Vintage Cards but what got me started on this was something I had printed off and just found it again. OBC Checklist had combined the 1916 M-105 and M-104 sets into one. Then somplace I read a discussion that said this combined list should be named the Mendelsohn set. and listed the combined set as 1916 M-105-M-104 as Sporting News AKA Felix Mendelsohn. So I was trying to find out if this is now the known name or not. I gather the best solution is what has been proposed and that is to list these 1916 Sets as Felix Mendelsohn with a combined checklist and then the other sets such as Famous and Barr, Weil Baking, etc. as subsets.

Boy, I sure do appreciate everone's knowledge.

Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
Jim,

If possible, see if you can get a hold of a copy of one of the later (mid 2010's) versions of the Krause/SCD Vintage catalogs, you will see the description and layout of these various M101-4 and M101-5 sets as I and Todd discussed. I think the last one they issued was in 2017? Though by no means perfect and covering everything, it is probably the best most overall definitive, up-to-date source for information regarding vintage, especially pre-war, sets out there. Good luck with your project.