View Single Post
Old 01-23-2017, 06:04 PM

Hi.

1. Price Check does not support BVG since BVG accounts for maybe 1% of T206 graded cards. If you have BVG graded T206 cards, I would recommend that you put "SGC" as the grader when using the site. It's probably the closest, although SGC cards are probably worth more.

2. In terms of my algorithm, I conduct sales surveys which cumulatively have collected over 116,000 price points between 2003 and 2017. I have studied the the market on a daily basis during that period. I have written what many regard as the seminal work on T206. PSA consults me on price (although they don't always agree). I have a six-figure+ T206 collection that I have accumulated over the last 15 years. And I am offering my Price Check service for free.

Okay let me come down from my high horse and try and field your question. My algorithm is essentially based on Subject/Back/Grading Company/Grade. Those are the pricing factors collectors actually consider when buying/selling T206. However, collectors don't pay a full multiple for premium subjects with premium backs e.g. Cobb (Bat Off) with Uzit is not just priced at Cobb (Bat Off) X Uzit. So you have to smooth the algorithm.

Last edited by sreader3; 01-23-2017 at 06:26 PM.