View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 07:46 AM
I. "Iggy" G0nz@lez
"rich"

Default "Grand Slam" The Name...

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it, but the name "Grand Slam" for an auction site, which is going to be competing "mano-a-mano" (hand-to-hand) with the likes of eBay and Heritage, just doesn't sound right. I realized it worked for Denny's but to me, it gives an initial impression of minor league stuff; something that a couple of guys came up with after a few beers. If you google "Grand Slam Baseball," you will see how common a name that is for all sort's of baseball related stuff.

Disclaimer: Sure hope I haven't offended anyone with my silly critique. Although, I'm sure I have.......I can just see Matt's/Leon's eyes rolling up and down. Obviously, it's real easy for me to sit here in my cozy chair and complain about "this and that" and at the end of the day the site name is not going to determine whether it's a sucessful venture. You guys have done a yeoman's job and if I was the prez., you would definitely receive some sort-of "at-a-boy" medal. For in reality nothing is minor league about the site itself. You asked for opinion's/complaints and I'm giving you one (however, frivolous it might be).

That's it, hopefully this thread will have a quick death and disappear.

Lovely Day...

Last edited by iggyman; 01-27-2010 at 07:53 AM.