View Single Post
Old 08-12-2006, 02:04 PM
Administrator

Default A Troubling Hobby Developement

Posted By: Bruce Babcock

"In my study of graphic design / electronic design, I completed a full year of credits with focus to the printing process and all things related to applying images to paper. I did so in a full printing room with 6 color commercial heidelberg printer (30 feet long, 15 foot high, many many tonnes), and all requisite current industry standard machinery.
I worked with more presses, cutting machines, plate making, image setting, color testing, and most importantly, paper of every hue and fabrication and age - than I believe most - who at least equally have worked in this industry.
Makes me fairly expert on paper, and ink, and recognizing modern ink transfer on modern paper, and older lithographic processes.
I don't blurt this out as justification for my words, but just to have you know that in the thousands and thousands of vintage cards you have personally handled, there may just be expertise you will never gain that I have through my own life experiences."

That's a lot of "I" and "my" for someone who is asking us to tone down the self-aggrandizing.

As far as the expertise that you have that we will never gain, I guess we'll just have to learn to live with disappointment.