View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 11:02 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVSNYC View Post
thanks doug, i got the foul pole from a Leland's auction 2 years ago, along with some light pods from the scoreboard...that foul pole section is extremely heavy...that's a bummer if there wasn't a game played on aug 17th...maybe the stub was used for the make-up date?

"Game 5 NLCS 1999, the Robin Ventura grand slam single game, best game I ever saw in person."

i was at that game too! amazing game! i have to dig up that stub.
My son and I still love to talk about the game. Neither of us realized what had happened to end the game in the 15th inning. Mets only needed a fly ball from Ventura to win the game. We saw the ball take off and immediately knew it was enough to win the game. We turned to each other and started to high five,hug,shout,jump and enjoy the moment, but we never saw the ball go over the fence .
My son still loves to bring up the fact that what makes a game like that one so great is the fact that a team will fall behind first before staging their rally. The Braves scored one in the top of the 15th and the Mets scored two in the bottom of the inning.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 01-13-2012 at 11:04 AM.