View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 08:06 AM

Default Mets stuff

Hi Richard,

OK, I'll play! Some of you may know that I am an advanced Nolan Ryan collector. Here is a look at some of the items in my Ryan Mets era showcase. I love the Mets stuff!

Some of the standout items that you can see are:

- A game used Ryan spike from 1971. This originated from long-time Mets fan Paul Hill's personal collection. Hill collected one game used item from every player that he came in contact with. This was his Nolan Ryan Mets piece.

- A game used ball from 7/1/69 at ST. Louis. Background info: HOF'ers Steve Carlton and Nolan Ryan (All-time right handed and left handed strikeout pitchers when they retired) face each other for the 1st time. Steve Carlton came out on top in their 1st match up. This ball was given to Steve after the game by a long time trainer and clubhouse man of the ST.Louis Cardinals. This originates from Steve Carlton's personal collection.

_ Tickets to Nolan's 1st career strikeout (1st 3 of 5,714 K's), 1st win of 324, last Mets win, only World Series appearance and win

- An official NL ball signed by Ryan in his Rookie Season in 1968

-Original 1968 snapshot of a babyfaced Nolan Ryan signing autographs out in front of Shea in 1968.

- Many other items. PLMK if you have any questions about anything that you see or if there is an item that you would like me to share with the group.

Enjoy!

Last edited by Scott Garner; 01-13-2012 at 08:35 AM.