View Single Post
Old 02-13-2019, 01:07 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorewalker View Post
I always feel it is prudent to direct questions like this directly to the source rather than eliciting opinions on a public forum. I know it is convenient to do this here but in CYA situation, like you have presented, I think I would want more than opinions.
The source (Ebay) will most likely suggest to you to do as the customer asks, but there's nothing they can do about the metrics, as they are set in stone and you should be able to take a hit every once in awhile of this type.

"You can call back when you get the defect, and if your correspondence with the buyer was through Ebay messaging regarding the late shipment, we may be able to strike it from your record, and we may not. Depends on who answers the phone, how long you are willing to stay on the line, and how many dropped calls and promises you put up with before you give up...........we can't really tell you for sure.............but thanks for being a super loyal Ebay seller."

In other words, expect about as direct an answer from Ebay, as you might expect from Net 54's own Yogidavid.