Thread: CardBuff.com
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2018, 02:41 PM
Evan M.

Default I am Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedsFan1941 View Post
the fact the email purposely doesn't name the person or persons who sent it tells me all i need to know. and then when whoever sent it answers by specifically by not identifying himself, reinforces my thought that it's someone i don't want to do business with.
I am the man behind the curtain. I bought over 100,000 email contacts of known sports collectors/buyers from a variety of different services. I actually bought three of my own email addresses while doing this. I don't know who is selling them the data although based on the email addresses of mine that were included, it very well could be auction houses or auction house software companies.
My goal with CardBuff.com is to provide a resource for collectors and the best way I knew how to jump start it was to fill it with cool cards and blast it away. I love getting emails from PWCC, Probstein, and Greg Morris and seeing the best of what they have to offer so the idea was sparked by my thought of, "Someone should be doing this for every card seller on eBay."

If anyone was annoyed by the email(s), my apologies for intruding your inbox. The unsubscribe button works and if you never open the email you will go from receiving the daily email to receiving one a week to receiving 0. I hand pick the items for the email and site every single day so I would love some feedback on what's in there for anyone that likes the idea of the site. Displaying cards on eBay was the easiest way I knew to get started. I hope to expand the site to include a lot of other resources for the hobby as well.

If anyone wants to beat me up for spamming them, I'll be at the National in Cleveland. If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions on what would be fun or beneficial for my site, I'd love to hear them.

Evan