View Single Post
Old 01-23-2009, 11:47 AM
Administrator

Default Grading Orange Borders and other hand cut cards

Posted By: JimB

Leon said,
"JimBJanuary 23 2009, 1:12 PM

With respect to my comments you are incorrect.....I try to call it as I see it.(see above)...take care"

Leon,
I honestly was not even thinking about you or your specific comments when I made my post. Nobody can seriously argue that the treatment of grading companies on this board in general is not uneven, to say the least. I am not advocating for either company. I probably have more SGC graded cards than PSA in my collection. Just advocating for fairness. But that is up to individuals. WIth respect to the tenor of the board with respect to grading, your particular views are just one in a sea in my opinion.
JimB
P.S. The course of this thread so far only reinforces my point. If PSA made such a dramatic mistake of inconsistency in their grading, they would be slammed. They get slammed for occasionally mislabeling a pose, a mistake that probably happens about one in every quarter million cards they grade. Whether collectors of orange border cards would value the card differently in an authentic or 10 holder is besides the point. Grading companies, in part, are selling consistency (not consistency when the distinction between grades matters significantly for a specific card in a specific set).